[Fabs] FABS Monthly Meeting Minutes: November 19th

FABS Secretary students at nfbflorida.org
Tue Nov 28 01:59:36 UTC 2023

Good evening everyone,

Below this message, you will find the minutes from our recent
monthly meeting on November 19, 2023 via Zoom. Please let me know if you
have any questions or concerns.

FABS Monthly Meeting Minutes
Date: November 19, 2023

Meeting was called to order by Z’Leah Liburd at 6:13pm

Role Call by Z’Leah Liburd

All were present, exceptMeliora

Pledge was recited by Elijah Grant at 6:16 PM.

Secretary’s Report by Elijah Grant 6:20 PM: Minutes from the annual
business meeting were not distributed by email; minutes were read at the
meeting by Elijah Grant. Minutes will be distributed by email after this
meeting.

Christian Leath motions, Elijah Grant seconds; all were in favor.

Treasurer’s Report: All were in favor to table the treasurer’s report till
the next meeting.

Meet the New Board: 6:26 PM

President Z’Leah Liburd, Vice President Yassir Bohorquez, Treasurer Meliora
Hatcher, Secretary Elijah Grant, Board Member 1 Thomas Dukeman

Name and College you attend?

   -

   Liburd, USF
   -

   Bohorquez, UF
   -

   Grant, Broward College
   -

   Dukeman, Pasco Hernando State College

Something to accomplish as a Board Member?

   -

   Liburd- Reorganize our division.
   -

   Bohorquez- Reorganize our division.
   -

   Grant- encourage members to attend student division meeting
   -

   Dukeman- encourage members to go to State Convention

One to three interesting facts

   -

   Liburd- has a brother that does filmmaking.
   -

   Bohorquez- loves urban/country hiking, study geographic maps, likes
   coding/education videos.
   -

   Grant- Food, outdoorsy person, travel
   -

   Dukeman- born with an extra toe, drove a 4-by-4, loves animals.

Announcements from the Affiliate:

   -

   The National Convention is coming- Planning to cooperate with the NFB
   Puerto Rico Affiliate.
   -

   Washington Seminar- Planning to send 8 people from Florida
   -

   Z’Leah will be representing the Student Division

Convention Summary Highlights (for those who attended State Convention):
Skipped until the next meeting

Information about 2023 Washington Seminar by Z’Leah: 6:54 PM

   -

   Financial Assistance is available via NABS. You need to be at the ENTIRE
   Washington Seminar
   -

   Some requirements include going to the Legislative Meeting, Great
   Gathering in, attend the NABS Hospitality Meeting, and be professional.
   -

   Due November 30

Elijah motions to adjourn the meeting, second  by Dukeman; all were in
favor.

Meeting ends at 7:05 PM

NFB Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation
of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
constitution.

One Minute Message:

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Elijah Grant
Secretary - Florida Association of Blind Students
Treasurer - Greater Broward Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of
Florida
Associate of Arts in Information Technology Candidate - Broward College
Click here to email the Florida Association of Blind Students.
<students at nfbflorida.org>
Social Media Links
Check us out on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/people/Florida-Association-of-Blind-Students-FABS/100079313452079/>
Follow us on TikTok <https://www.tiktok.com/@blind_students_fl>
Follow us on Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/fabs_nfb/>
"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the
expectations
of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not
what holds
you back."
-National Federation of the Blind One-Minute Message