[Fabs] We need you feedback!

FABS Secretary students at nfbflorida.org
Sun Jul 14 12:00:00 UTC 2024

Hey there Students!

Hope that you’re doing well and enjoying your summer. The Student Division
will be going through elections again in October at our state convention,
and if I’m not mistaken, every position will be open for the taking. We
want to ensure that everyone gets an equal opportunity to showcase their
leadership skills. However, to achieve this, we need to see greater
attendance and participation at our meetings.

We have over 30 members in our group chat, but we’ve noticed that only the
same eight to ten members regularly attend. It has been brought to our
attention that the current day and time of our meetings might be preventing
more of you from participating. With that in mind, what days and times
would work best for you?

Additionally, if the lack of participation is due to the topics we present
during our meetings, we’d love to hear what you’d like to see more of. Any
feedback would be greatly appreciated!

We understand that everyone is busy, especially during the summertime and
school time with family, work, and school obligations. We want to ensure
that none of these important commitments are overlooked and that we find a
balanced time that works for everyone.

We will revisit the topic of changing the times and dates at our August
meeting. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards
Elijah Grant
Secretary - Florida Association of Blind Students
Treasurer - Greater Broward Chapter, National Federation of the Blind of
Florida
Associate of Arts in Information Technology Candidate - Broward College
Click here to email the Florida Association of Blind Students.
<students at nfbflorida.org>
Social Media Links
Check us out on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/people/Florida-Association-of-Blind-Students-FABS/100079313452079/>
Follow us on TikTok <https://www.tiktok.com/@blind_students_fl>
Follow us on Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/fabs_nfb/>
"The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the
expectations
of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not
what holds
you back."
-National Federation of the Blind One-Minute Message