[Faith-talk] Week 16 of devotional

WESLEY BURDEN wesley.burden at verizon.net
Sun Dec 14 20:17:18 UTC 2008

Week 16

We really are changing from the inside out---together!

Do you realize that your life is changing for the better, just as the Bible
said it would?  We are being TRANSFORMED by the renewing of our minds, and
we

are coming into the perfect will of God.

Last week we continued our fast from wrong thinking by eliminating the
thought of: "I guess this is all there is.  I'll just have to settle."

This week I want to build upon that.  Many times our mind (and the
devil) tells us that if things don't go our way, that must be God's
will.  "God must not

want me to have this." Or "Whatever happens must be God's will".

Please note, I realize many of us reading this know theologically
that God's will is for good.  But in our lives, when we face
resistance or it seems like

God is not responding, we're tempted to give up and let whatever
happens happen.

Not anymore!

Let's replace this wrong thinking with right thinking:

(Read) Mark 10:46-52. Blind Bartimaeus heard about Jesus, and began
to cry out "Jesus, have mercy on me".  MANY PEOPLE TOLD HIM TO BE
QUIET, but he cried

out even more.

1. You must stop listening to the many voices trying to keep you the

     way you are. There are voices in your head saying, "keep
quiet".  There are

     voices from others saying, "Stay the way you are".  There are
voices saying,

     "God must not want you to have this".

2. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. Say "no" to those voices and keep going after

what God has promised in His Word.

3. In verse 48, when people tried to shut Bartimaeus up, he cried out

     EVEN MORE.  When you face resistance, add persistence! Press

     through!

4. When Jesus heard Bartimaeus crying out, HE STOOD STILL.  (Now I'm

     preaching here!) If you don't give up, you will get Jesus' attention!

5. BELIEVE God wants to fulfill your desires, not just your needs. In

     verse 51, Jesus said, "What do you WANT Me to do for you?"

     (Bartimaeus didn't NEED to see.  He could still live without
sight.  But Jesus

     asked him what he WANTED.)  God doesn't just meet our needs. He
fulfills

     our desire.  (Provided that our desires are founded in scriptural

     promises.)

6. Make up your mind that you will not be denied.  The woman with the

     issue of blood would not be denied.  The mother of the demon-possessed

    daughter would not be denied.  Bartimaeus would not be denied.  You and

    will not be denied.

7. WE MUST RECOGNIZE that our acceptance and tolerance of our present

      condition is the result of our acceptance of this wrong thinking.

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I decide today that I will stop listening to the voices in my head
and around me that are telling me to stay the way I am.

I will not be quiet when asking God to fulfill His promises.  My
prayers will not be silenced by doubt, fear or opposition.

At times when I may feel God is not answering, I will stick to His
Word, which says, "Call unto Me and I will answer."  God says "Yes"
to what He has already

promised, therefore I will stand on His promises in all areas of my
life. And I will not be denied. I will not tolerate a life of
mediocrity or status

I believe that God wants to give me the desires of my heart, and not
just my needs.  When I face resistance I will add persistence.

I will not give up or give in to my present condition.  I will press
through the opposition and not be denied. I will not tolerate a
present condition of

discouragement, sickness, poverty or mediocrity, NOT ANOTHER DAY OF MY LIFE.

Psalm 37:4 says, "He will give me the desires of my hear".  I will
keep thinking this, believing this, and expecting this until
something changes for my

good, in Jesus' Name!

Stu
<mailto:K5stu at sbcglobal.net>K5stu at sbcglobal.net
Reading your Bible today will help prepare you for A Brighter Tomorrow!