[Faith-talk] Week 17 of devotional

WESLEY BURDEN wesley.burden at verizon.net
Sun Dec 21 20:53:41 UTC 2008

Week 17

This week we are fasting from the thought that says:

"I'm limited by my financial status".

I know that as you replace this wrong thinking, with RIGHT THINKING, you are
going to see things change quickly in your finances and your peace of mind!

This week we deal with what I call a "limitation mentality".

The mind set that always tells you that you are limited; that you don't have
enough; that if you only had more money you could be happy or do more for
God.

All those thoughts actually keep us from doing more, and from being happy.

   Be happy NOW. "Happy is the man who fears the Lord." (Psalm 112:1).

When you THINK that you need more to be happy, you program yourself to stay
unhappy until you have more.  This is a dangerous attitude.  The truth is
when

you are grateful for what you have, you will become magnetic to more.  More
will come.

  We need to recognize that God is not limited by money, therefore
you do not need to be.  You are made in God's image.  He fed them
manna from heaven.

  He commanded water out of a rock.  He sent a raven to feed Elijah
and a prominent family to take care of Elisha.

  Believe in the God of ideas!

Proverbs 8 says He will give us witty inventions.  These are
ideas.  When God opens up the windows of heaven, He is raining ideas,
not $100 bills.

  GET WISDOM.

When offered one request from God, Solomon asked for wisdom.  God was
so impressed, that He gave Solomon wisdom, and with it came wealth,
power, answers.

James 1:5 says, "If any man lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who
gives to ALL men generously."

  Don't underestimate the power of imagination.

We are to cast down "imaginations" THAT EXALT themselves above the
knowledge of God.  But God-given imagination is a MUST.  Ephesians
3:20 says, "He is

able to do exceeding abundantly above and beyond all that you can
ask, think or imagine."  Note the emphasis on: "YOU CAN ASK, THINK
AND IMAGINE".  You

CAN and you MUST!

  Expect open heavens.

When God said, He would open the windows of heaven, He wasn't saying
He would just dump money in your lap.  Heaven has a supply of so much
more than money.

  Expect the heavens to open to you with angelic intervention,
wisdom, ideas, hope, words of knowledge, etc.

  Be "provision conscious", not "need conscious".

Make your mind expect that God will provide.  Put your thoughts on
His generosity and provision, rather than on what YOU NEED or what
don't have.  EVERY

time we give something valuable to God, we prove we are "provision
conscious", not "money conscious".

THINK IT & SAY IT:

I fear, reverence and respect God,   therefore I AM happy now.

I don't need any more to be happy.  I am happy already.  This present
happiness will attract more of what I need,  to my life.

God can work in my life, regardless of my financial status.  He is
not limited by money, therefore neither am I.

When He needed bread, He multiplied the 5 loaves He had been
given.  When He needed tax money, He got it out of a fish's
mouth.  When He needed wine, He

used water!  I believe God is a God of ideas.  He has put His Spirit
in me, therefore I expect ideas.  Ideas are worth more than
money.  And I will be

a vessel of God-given ideas.

I think wisdom, and ask for wisdom.  God richly supplies me with
wisdom, every time I ask for it.  I will ask, think and imagine what
God can do, and He

will exceed my expectations and imaginations!

I do believe that the heavens will open over my life.  I choose to be
"provision conscious" rather than "need conscious".

I believe by changing the way I think, I become a magnet that
attracts God's provision for my life.

Stu
<mailto:K5stu at sbcglobal.net>K5stu at sbcglobal.net
Reading your Bible today will help prepare you for A Brighter Tomorrow!