[Faith-talk] RE Predestination

Thomas j Vos optasiaministry at juno.com
Mon Nov 3 22:45:45 UTC 2008

What you say, Stefan, rings true for me.
When Paul writes in Ephesians 2, that we are dead in our trespasses and
sins, the only hope we have is to be given new life, resurrected to new
life by the power and grace of Jesus Christ.
No one can give life to themselves, just as no one can give birth to
themselves -- Nicodemas' pointin John 3, which Jesus seems to agree with.
We are then called to faith of accepting God's word on this as true.
That kind of faith gives me a deep sense of security when I come face to
face with my ongoing sins.
I am held in stronger hands than my own.
Blessings,
Tom