[Faith-talk] More about homosexuality.

Stefan Slucki sslucki at chariot.net.au
Mon Nov 10 06:35:42 UTC 2008

Dear list,

I believe what Alan has quoted about the phenomenon of homosexuality is
correct and not extreme. We must proclaim the truth in a loving and gracious
way; we must agitate for laws that reflect God's Laws and these kind of laws
would be agreed to by Jews and Muslims as well who submit themselves to an
objective, external authority.

There are a number of statements in Beth's response to Alan about God Loving
everybody, about lesbians being as good if not better care-givers than
heterosexual couples which I won't comment on:
what I believe we must do is have a unity on submitting/embracing what God's
Word clearly teaches.

Rome declined because the drive of sex, in particular homosexual sex became
overwhelming.

I certainly agree that we must examine our cultural understanding of what
Scripture is thought to say e.g. about women wearing "man's clothing".

For instance, I believe it is most Scriptural to drink fermented wine and
eat unleavened bread at the Lord's Table but the know-it-better churches
(many of them) have decreed differently and so we eat wholemeal and cheap
grape-juice!  My point is that the Christian (however counter-cultural we
may appear) must be conscience-bound to the Scriptures and to have God's
Will done on earth as in heaven and ain't no sodomite gonna make it to
heaven -- unless they repent and forsake their filthy, degrading and
Onan-like practices.

Stefan Slucki.