[Faith-talk] new school prayer

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 12:33:07 UTC 2008

You think it's ironic?  Wow, Allan.  I thought this would be cool to
post.  I don't believe in a lot of things: teen pregnancy, guns
inschools, and, come to think of it, keeping God out of the pledge.
But why should we not pray in school?  There's a reason why our
Constitution says we can't pray in school though the words aren't
written there.  The first clause of it, according to my roommate, who
works at an Anglican church, says we cannot force religion on the
people of America.  I don't think we can stop teens from being teens,
but I don't think we should encourage them to be pregnant senior
queens in the case of girls.  I believe we should empower young women
through school and so on.  If a young girl gets raped, she should have
access to the morning-after as an emergency, not as a way to abort a
potential life.  And, of course, to catch the rapist, we should use
DNA evidence.  There's a lot in that poem that I have to analyze.
Beth