[Faith-talk] article 1

Everett Gavel everettg at successfuladaptations.com
Mon Nov 10 15:42:12 UTC 2008

Beth asked:
> How can I explain this to my two friends that their
> homosexual
> feelings and attractions is a sin?

How can you?  Well,it's only as hard as you make it.
It's like asking, "How can I keep from lying to save
face?"  Or, "How can I keep from masturbating to those
pictures of all those beautiful wo/men online?"  Or,
"How can I stop having sexual fantasies about
so-and-so, when they seem just so amazingly awesome?"
Or, "How can I control my anger, when it just spouts up
out of nowhere when I'm around stupid people?"  To ask
that question borders on the absurd, with all due
respect.  How can you?  It's easy, if you let the
truth, the logic and simplicity of it all, shine
through.  A sin is a sin is a sin.  Homosexuality, like
lying, like pride, like adultery, like fornication of
any kind outside of marriage, like murder, are all
sins.  It's that simple.

Again, forget what we say.  I urge you to begin
learning the truth today, by reading the Holy Bible for
yourself:  http://www.biblegateway.com  - What's really
stopping you?

Personally, I don't recommend starting with the King
James Version.  It's hard to grasp for most beginners.
Start with the New International Version (NIV), or the
Message (MSG), or New Living Translation (NLT).  Just
go to www.biblegateway.com - and as I suggested in
another message, begin with the Book of John, the
Gospel of John.  Just type in, "John 1" to begin
reading the first chapter.  With each chapter you will
have a link to listen to the audio version, if you'd
rather not read through the text given there.  On each
page there will be a link to go to the next chapter, as
well.  Then let me know, or let us know (if you're up
for it), what you think.

God bless your reading--and your path.  I pray Jesus
opens the eyes of your heart, and your friends as
well--and knocks down the walls each of us tends to
build up around our hearts.

All for His Glory,
Everett
www.everettgavel.com