[Faith-talk] About an Artist and Musical Selection

Julie C. Vogt jcvogt at pressenter.com
Mon Nov 10 22:24:10 UTC 2008

Have you heard the Gospel song, "The Judgment" by Slim and the Supreme Angels?  Slim's given name is Howard Hunt and Slim was his nickname.  They were a Gospel group that were together over 50 years.  The last five years of his life he was very sick and still performed.  He was a minister as well.

"The Judgment" turned out to be recorded the last two days or so that he lived.  He died maybe it will be three years ago this March.  In the song, he addressed a lot of issues of today that Christians face.  He made one phone call after the song was recorded, telling about the song.  The call was made from a cell phone and just as he said, "I recorded that song because I wanted to leave a little something with the people,"
the cell phone went dead.  It's
probably the biggest hit that group had in 50 years.  If you get a chance, you should hear it.

"Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul," American Humorist Mark Twain

"An attack on one of us is an attack on all of us," Dr. Kenneth Jernigan, Immediate Past President, National Federation of the Blind

"A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle." Proverbs 18 19. KJV

"Faith is the ability to see God in the dark.," (unknown)

"No one can do it for us but us," Rev. Jesse Jackson, Operation Push, 1976.

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." -I Cor. 10:31

"With proper training, development, and opportunity, blindness can be reduced to the level of a physical nuisance or characteristic," the Late Dr. Kenneth Jernigan, Past President, National Federation of the Blind.

Julie Vogt or jcvogt at pressenter.com