[Faith-talk] same-sex marriage/civil union - the problems!

Stefan Slucki sslucki at chariot.net.au
Fri Nov 14 02:05:36 UTC 2008

No, R.J.,

I'm not saying that we should happily accept this practice as normal and ok.

I'm saying two things:

Firstly, Christians should NEVER NEVER accept the sexual expression of
homosexual relationships as being valid, we should ALWAYS ALWAYS be uneasy
about the even celibate homosexual. I hope that's clear?

Having said the above, homosexuals are people, too, who've been ensnared
into their set of sins by Satan working on their corrupt fallen nature.
Furthermore, there are still traces of God's Image even within notorious
sinners like homosexuals -- I do believe that.

Secondly, what I am saying is that if we want a hearing in the wider society
for our distinctive views (against legalising same-sex marriage or civil
unions), I believe we must either press for the re-criminalisation of sodomy
(which ain't gonna happen without a great-awakening type REVIVAL) or else
try to blunt/limit the influence of this arrogant, mislead minority so they
don't pollute our society.

Guys on list, do let's be respectful to each other by first of all checking
our spelling and grammar before we send a message and then check out the
other guy's full message before we go off half-cocked, addressing issues
that aren't there.

Thanks.
Stefan Slucki.