[Faith-talk] Mandates On Who Can and Can't Have Children?

Everett Gavel everettg at successfuladaptations.com
Fri Nov 14 16:38:27 UTC 2008

"Can't imagine a mandate on who can't have them?"  Ah,
now we're getting into deep territory here. And it has
everything to do with faith and blindness, so no
worries there. Regarding this thing on telling blind
people they can't be parents or have children or
whatever, there are some points to consider.

*  In some other countries, China for example, I
believe there are already mandates on how many children
can be had.  No, not on blind people, but on everyone.

*  There are also those leaders in our own USA that
believe there should be such limits on people here.  If
you give thought to it, it's not all that far from
telling, next, who can or cannot have children.
Thankfully we have not yet openly made a practice of
limiting how many children each family can have.  But
they are already doing so in other countries.  And
again, it's not so far fetched or so far beyond such a
decree, to begin telling various groupings of people
they can or cannot have children.

*  In this country, they are already giving the option
of aborting babies with certain genetics, such as the
likelihood of, what is it, Downs Syndrome, I think?
How different is that, really?  It's us, here in
America, already saying that people with disabilities -
or at least, certain disabilities - don't deserve to
live.

*  How much farther do we have to step (I say step as
it's not much of a jump) to say people with
disabilities don't deserve certain rights, either?
They've already begun taking away the right to life,
for some with disabilities.

Ponder that for a few minutes.  It's sad, and even a
little scary, that such a world is already here, not
just a possibility.  The people who want that as the
rule, are right now trying to get into power and to
sway the current leaders to get legislation as such,
every day.  Some of our current leaders and some just
elected I'm sure, are also following that line of
thought.

Don't fool yourself into thinking it's not so.  If you
pay attention, you'll see it all around you.

It's a death culture, not a life culture, that is
rising up.  Christ's people are being pushed down,
we're not rising up.  At least, not in as much of a
significant way as the death culture is.  It is here,
and it certainly is, "now."  So be wary, and don't
think the possibility of being told how many children
you can have, or that you can't have children, doesn't
exist.

Strive On!
Everett
www.everettgavel.com