[Faith-talk] Vivian's Progress and My Parents' Arrival in Arizona

Mary Donahue braille at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 21 01:16:37 UTC 2008

Good evening everyone,

    I promised I would let you know how my supervisor, Vivian Seki, was
progressing. She had to spend one night in the hospital last Friday night,
and went home Saturday morning after she had her breakfast. I just called
her, and she sounds in good spirits. She opted to stay home for the whole
week because she had to keep her foot elevated as much as possible, and the
wheelchair is not the most comfortable to elevate a foot. From what she told
me, the cast on her foot extends from mid-calf down to her foot. She will
have to wear the cast for four weeks, and to get around in a wheelchair.
After four weeks, the cast and stitches come off, and, about two to four
weeks later, she will begin physical therapy. Since we are having a short
week next week, she plans to come in Monday and Tuesday to find out how the
department ran without her. As I said in a previous message, Vivian will be
living the ADA from the word _go.

    I also wanted to mention that my parents made it to Arizona on Monday.
It helped them to stop earlier in the afternoon and to take their time
driving down there. Dad has an appointment with the doctor tomorrow so, Lord
willing, I will be able to find out whether he will have his surgery and
when. Therefore, please keep Dad in your prayers tomorrow.

    Thank you in advance for all of your prayers so far, and I will continue
to keep you posted.

Mary Donahue