[Faith-talk] FW: [BlindMen4Christ] A Brighter Tomorrow

WESLEY BURDEN wesley.burden at verizon.net
Wed Nov 26 23:43:39 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: blindmen4christ-bounces at morales-family.lljfm.net
[mailto:blindmen4christ-bounces at morales-family.lljfm.net] On Behalf Of Stu
(by way of Curtis Delzer <curtis at calweb.com>)
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:23 PM
To: Blind men for Christ
Subject: [BlindMen4Christ] A Brighter Tomorrow

ARM YOURSELVES

"Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might." Ephesians 6:10

If anyone was aware of the constant attacks by the enemy, not only those
visible, but those invisible by Satan himself, it was Paul. He had been
through physical sufferings and persecutions as few men. Even more
distressing was the emotional and spiritual distress he encountered while
seeking to establish new believers in the faith amidst the persecutions and
hostility they experienced.

So he proclaims to all, "Be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His
might." Paul knew the enemy that bitterly opposed him, but also the forces
of evil within his own carnal nature. He realized that he had to stem the
tide of his own corrupt nature, control his impetuous passions, root out the
habits of his old nature and turn the things of time and sense to things
invisible and eternal. Like Paul, we must rely wholly upon God's strength
and go forth in the might of His power. With anything less we will fall prey
to our enemy. Paul challenges us to be so inspired with a holy confidence in
Christ that we may be as much assured of victory as if we saw all our
enemies fleeing before us or slain at our feet.

Every believer requires divine strength for both the work he has to perform
and the difficulties he will have to cope with. Secondly, we must realize we
have no strength in ourselves. Jesus said, "Without me you can do nothing"
(John 15:5). But this realization awakens us to the glorious truth that
there is a sufficiency for us in Christ. As Paul testified, "I can do all
things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13). We must not
have any confidence in the flesh; neither must we have any doubt respecting
the all-sufficiency of our God. "The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear
what man shall do unto me" (Hebrews 13:6).

All believers are in a conflict, a battle against a greater foe.
Unless we are armed for combat, we will not be able to withstand the enemy.
And who is this enemy? Paul says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and
blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers
of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly
realms" (Ephesians 6:12).

Then he encourages every believer to "put on the full armor of God, so that
when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after
you have done everything, to stand" (Ephesians 6:13).
..."The belt of truth buckled around your waist"--The truth holds and
strengthens everything together in its proper place and for its intended
use.
..."The breastplate of righteousness"--This is vital for our defense and its
sufficiency to protect us. Righteousness will not only discover deceit but
also will repel its assaults and secure our victory.
..."Your feet fitted with readiness that comes from the gospel of peace"--It
brings peace to the conscience, a promptness for obedience, readiness for
suffering, a willingness to be a servant.
..."The shield of faith"--It repels the fiery darts of Satan in his attempt
to wound and destroy us.
..."The helmet of salvation"--Prepares us for the conflict, sustains us in
them, and brings us victorious through them.
..."The sword of the Spirit"--It is the Word of God that shall inflict and
subdue the enemy.
..."Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit"--Prayer
is the undergirding power that makes the armor effective against the enemy.
It is by prayer that we must obtain the armor provided to us, that we must
learn how to use it properly to bring God's blessing and power on our
endeavors through the might and power of God.

Stu
<mailto:K5stu at sbcglobal.net>K5stu at sbcglobal.net
Reading your Bible today will help prepare you for A Brighter Tomorrow!