[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Larry Ollison - What is Holding Your Relationship Together?

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Dec 22 20:50:04 UTC 2009

Original Message:
From: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>, <CcHhEeSsTtEeRr at yahoogroups.com>,
<INTERCESSORS-ALLNATIONS at yahoogroups.com>, "Donna Mae"
<btlg1370 at gmail.com>, <walkwithchrist at tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Larry Ollison -  What is Holding Your
Relationship Together?
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 2009 07:09:06 -0500

      What is Holding Your Relationship Together?
      by Dr. Larry Ollison
             "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward
for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe
to him who is alone when he falls, for he has no one to help him up. Again,
if two lie down together, they will keep warm; but how can one be warm
alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And
a threefold cord is not quickly broken."  Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

      Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 is a scripture that is used many times in
weddings. The threefold cord in the marriage is the husband, the wife, and
the Holy Spirit.
      Every relationship you have has one invisible partner and that's
the cord that ties the relationship together. Whether it's a marriage
relationship, a church relationship, a friendship or a business
partnership, there is an invisible force that is the third cord that binds
them together. If the partners are in agreement with the principles of God
and have allowed the relationship to be based on God's Word, then that
third cord in the relationship will be the Holy Spirit. This opens the door
for blessings from God.

      Sadly, not all relationships are bound together by God. It's
amazing what ties some people together. Recently a lady was telling me
about a long time friendship that she had with a neighbor. Her neighbor was
moving to another state and she was concerned that this would terminate the
relationship.

      I asked her what it was that she and her friend had in common, only
to hear the surprising response. She said, "Once a week we get together and
have tea and we discuss what's happened recently in the life of 'John Doe.'
We've been doing this for years. It's our own personal soap opera." When I
asked her why they always talked about "John Doe," she replied, "That's
easy. We both have a mutual hatred for him. He has hurt us both and we
enjoy discussing his failures."
      It's sad, but the third cord that held these two ladies together in
their friendship was a spirit of hatred. Some are tied together by
unforgiveness or rebellion. This should not be.

      Every relationship worth having should be bound by the Spirit of
God. And then instead of the relationship being a weight that will lead to
destruction, it will allow the two to withstand evil and a threefold cord
is not quickly broken.
      A relationship based on godly principles and sealed by the binding
of the Holy Spirit will be refreshing, peaceful and never burdensome.

      All rights reserved. Used by permission.
      This article may be reproduced for teaching purposes but not for
commercial resale
      When writing about this devotional, refer to devotional #0332
      Larry Ollison Ministries PO Box 880, Osage Beach, MO 65065 USA

      Larry Ollison Ministries uses all media means available to teach
the gospel worldwide. Prayerfully consider becoming a partner with us.
click here

      To order books, CD's and DVD's by Larry Ollison, click here

      Our records indicate we have your permission to send email to the
following address: floridahealth21 at verizon.net

      Larry Ollison Ministries never sells, rents, or shares your email
address.