[Faith-talk] anglicans

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 28 02:18:37 UTC 2009

I was attending a conservative Anglican church until it closed because of
lack of membership last August. Now, I attend a Missouri Synod Lutheran
Church. Both churches believe in the Nicene Creed as basic doctrin.
Salvation is through Christ's death on the cross. He became sin for us so
that God could see us as Righteous, that is, if we accept his salvation. We
get it by asking Him into our lives and believing that He alone saves us, we
can do nothing of ourselves for Salvation. One scriptural basis for this
belief is Ephesians 2, verses eight and nine. Both churches believe in the
God breathed, or inspired, inherent, infallible word of God. There is a
verse in Revelation 20 or 21 that says cursed be anyone who adds to or takes
away words from my book. That is serious stuff. One area where they differ
is in Apostolic succession, the idea that priests are consecrated or
ordained, and that their gift is directly descended through the apostles to
Popes, and to both Catholic and Anglican priests. The church I now attend
does not take this view. As to Communion, the Anglican church believes that
it is both bread and wine, but also the body and blood of Christ. As to how
it could be both, that is an unexplainable mystery. Read John 6 in order to
hear Jesus Himself instruct his disciples to eat His flesh and drink His
blood.