[Faith-talk] Today's Great Fear: What if I Lose My Job?

Weingartner, Paul PWeingartner at ag.org
Fri Feb 6 16:57:46 UTC 2009

 These are very good and practical words.  It is also important that we
be careful not to let the "job" define who we are.  It is easy to let
the profession define our identity.  That makes it harder to accept an
undesired position to pay the bills.
As Christian, we seek our identity in Christ.  I know people who if
asked what they do they would say "I am a pastor"  because that it what
the Lord called them to do.  Talking to them, you find out they are an
unpaid pastor of a small church out In the farming community.  For a
living, some are janitors and others are well paid administrators.
Their identify is in their call, not in their job.
I think of that often these days.  It would not take much of a drop in
giving for me to loose my full time  ministry income.  Some things would
not change.  I would still be in some type of ministry.  And I would
still be a husband and father, even if it meant cleaning the local
bowling alley to pay my mortgage.
Paul

Paul Weingartner
Making the Cross Accessible
Center for the Blind of the Assemblies of God
P 417.831.1964   F 417.862.5120
www.blind.ag.org
www.blindonline.ag.org