[Faith-talk] FW: [BlindMen4Christ] A Brighter Tomorrow

WESLEY BURDEN wesley.burden at verizon.net
Mon Jan 12 17:00:55 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: blindmen4christ-bounces at morales-family.lljfm.net
[mailto:blindmen4christ-bounces at morales-family.lljfm.net] On Behalf Of Stu
(by way of Curtis Delzer <curtis at calweb.com>)
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:13 AM
To: Blind men for Christ
Subject: [BlindMen4Christ] A Brighter Tomorrow

Failure: Never Final

"God...comforts us in all our troubles so that  we can

comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able

to give them the  same comfort God has given us."

In his book, Beginning  Again, Terry Hershey writes,

"God not only says that failure is never  the final

word, but that your area of weakness will become your

area of  strength. Where you were weak and learned

grace will become a means whereby you  can reach out

and touch the lives of others who need the same good

news.

"God is not only working to heal you, but to  heal

others through you, to make you what Henri Nouwen

called a 'wounded  healer.'

"Such healing doesn't happen through the man or  woman

who has all the answers. It happens through the man or

woman who  understands pain and grace. Nouwen

explains, 'For a deep understanding of his  own pain

makes it possible for the [wounded healer] to convert

his weaknesses  into strength and to offer his

experience as a source of healing to those who  are

often lost in the darkness of their own misunderstood

suffering.'"

I believe it was Ernest Hemingway who first used the

phrase, "Growing strong in the broken places." The

idea being that  where a bone is broken and heals, it

becomes the strongest part of the bone.

The same is true of our broken places--where we have

been hurt, have fallen, or failed. When we bring these

to Christ for his  healing, his strength is then made

perfect in and through our weaknesses. This  is

certainly true in ministering effectively to other

people. They are helped,  not through our brilliant

logic, nor persuasive speech, but through the sharing

of our struggles, and how, with God's help, we have

overcome. It is a case of  one beggar showing other

beggars where to find bread.

This is why the Apostle Paul could say, "And we  know

that all things work together for good to those who

love God, to those who  are the called according to

His purpose."

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please help me to  see my

broken places and find your healing so that I, too, can

be used of you  to be a wounded healer. Thank you for

hearing and answering my prayer.  Gratefully, in

Jesus' name, amen."

Stu
<mailto:K5stu at sbcglobal.net>K5stu at sbcglobal.net
Reading your Bible today will help prepare you for A Brighter Tomorrow!