[Faith-talk] BCL Urgent Request

Peret, Maurice S. Maurice.Peret at dbvi.virginia.gov
Wed Jul 22 22:14:26 UTC 2009

D ave,

Would you kindly distribute the following to the NFB FaithTalk list
if it is still active?

Thanks,

  July 15, 2009
Dear Friends of the Braille Circulating Library,
The Braille Circulating Library for the Blind, Inc. was honored with
an Official Recognition by the Richmond City Council at City Hall on
Monday, July 13, 2009. "Richmond City Council does hereby recognize
the Braille Circulating Library for its many years of service spent
translating, producing and providing Christian education literature
in an accessible format for people who are blind or vision impaired."
This Official Recognition is a tremendous blessing and an
encouragement as we continue to seek to serve the blind community.
Just today, I received a call from a blind veteran living in Texas
requesting our Bible study tapes. He was so grateful when I told him
of the materials we had available for him. Yesterday I spoke to a
grandmother from Oklahoma who ordered the Our Daily Bread Tapes for
her blind granddaughter. Last week I spoke to two new blind patrons
to the Braille Circulating Library from Michigan and Arkansas, and to
a pastor in Ireland who requested fifty copies of James McConkey's
book "The Threefold Secret of the Holy Spirit" to use in his ministry.
The ministry of the Braille Circulating Library continues to be a
blessing to people around the world, however, I must bring a very
serious request to you. The downturn and uncertainty in the economy
is affecting the operating funding of this ministry. Foundations we
request grants from have deferred their decisions du e to the economy
and individual giving is down. The operating funds are extremely low
and the future of the Braille Circulating Library is uncertain. We
need your help. The Braille Circulating Library has always believed
in the use of prayer as a means of bringing forth God's power to
sustain this ministry. We need your prayers, and we also need your
actions. A financial gift of any size will be helpful and greatly
appreciated to help with our operating needs. Will you please join me
and every member of the Board of Directors of the Braille Circulating
Library and give a special gift to help to continue to sustain this ministry?
The Braille Circulating Library is a faith ministry. Faith is
believing in and obeying God, which requires relying on what we
cannot see - God's promises. An inner attitude alone does not define
faith. For faith to be present, action is required. "Thus also faith
by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say,
You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without you
works, and I will show you my faith by my works (James 2:17-18)."
Thank you for your special gift at this most critical time. I pray
that God will pour out His blessings upon you as you act upon your
faith in helping to sustain this ministry as we continue to seek to
serve the blind. Thank you again for your prayers and your financial support.
Serving Him,
Rev. Brian J. Baron, Sr.
Executive Director

Please send your Special Gift to:
The Braille Circulating Library for the Blind, Inc.
2700 Stuart Ave
Richmond, VA 23220

Thank you