[Faith-talk] devotions at conventiondE

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 15 21:47:33 UTC 2009

Good afternoon everyone,

    In the past four devotional services were held at the national
convention on the mornings of general sessions. In 2007 one of these was
eliminated due to the march for independence. Another devotion will be
eliminated due to the convention being cut short by a day this year. A
Catholic Mass and a service for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter Day Saints is held prior to the start of general sessions depending
how the days fall early in the national convention. I'd like to see the
NFBCF consider holding devotions on Registration and Board Meeting Day to
replace those lost due to the changes to convention activities and duration.
We hope and pray this will be done during future conventions.

Peter Donahue