[Faith-talk] I've Been Holding a Praise Report

Julie C. Vogt jcvogt at pressenter.com
Wed Mar 25 10:54:34 UTC 2009

When I first started playing for the church I now play for, they said they didn't have enough money to pay me on a regular basis, so I knew what I was going into going in.  I have my book and CD and thought that those would cover me, hopefully sufficiently.

Two Sundays ago, I was riding home with the pastor and he said they had a token for me.  I asked what kind of token, and he said it was a check.  I asked the amount and he said $50.  I had my seat belt on over my pocket, so didn't get to put it in my coat as deep as I would have liked.  When I left the car, I pulled my keys out of that same pocket.  It was when I went upstairs and took stuff out of my pockets that I discovered I no longer had the check.  I went to people's doors who I knew had some sharp sight, but they were not at home.  The assisted living people, Senior Friends, were still cleaning up downstairs from lunch, so I explained the dilemma to them.  One of them went out to see and came back, saying, "Here it is.  It was on the side of the road."

When we had had our prayer time, I prayed about a romance gone awry and asked God to help me earn enough money to buy some transportation tickets for travel to where I play on Saturdays, and for a church I go to Wednesday nights.  I sent the money to the bank right away and thanked God it hadn't been a windy day.

"Owe no man anything, save to love one another:  for he that loveth his neighbor hath fulfilled the law,"Romans 13 8, (R.S.V.)

Julie Vogt or jcvogt at pressenter.com