[Faith-talk] FW: [friendsfellowship] Good Advice - I Like This!

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:16:15 UTC 2009

Original Message:
From: "Steph" <smathews at hctc.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [friendsfellowship] Good Advice - I Like This!
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:26:45 -0600

My cousin Denise F shared this with me and thought I'd share it.  Steph

                Written By Regina Brett, 90  years old, of The Plain
Dealer,
                    Cleveland , Ohio .

                    I once wrote  the 45 lessons life taught me. It is
the
                    most-requested Column I've  ever written. My odometer
rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the  column once more:

                    1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

                    2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

                    3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

                    4. Your job won't take  care of you when you are
sick.
                    Your friends and family will. Stay in  touch.

                    5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

                    6. You  don't have to win every argument. Agree to
                    disagree.

                    7. Cry  with someone. It's more healing than crying
alone.

                    8. It's OK to  get angry with God. He can take it.

                    9. Save for retirement  starting with your first pay
cheque.

                    10. When it comes to  chocolate, resistance is
futile.

                    11. Make peace with your past so  it won't screw up
the
                    present.

                    12. It's OK to let your  children see you cry.

                    13. Don't compare your life to others. You  have no
idea what
                    their Journey is all about.

                    14. If a  relationship has to be a secret, you
shouldn't be in
                    it.

                    15.  Everything can change in the blink of an eye.
But don't
                    worry; God  never blinks.

                    16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.

                    17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful
or
                    joyful.

                    18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you
stronger.

                    19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
But  the
                    second one is up to you and no one else.

                    20. When it comes  to going after what you love in
life, don't
                    take no for an answer.

                    21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the
fancy
                    lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, today
is special.

                    22. Over prepare, then go with the flow..

                    23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear
purple.

                    24. The most important sex organ is the brain.

                    25. No one is in charge of your happiness  but you.

                    26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words
'In  five
                    years, will this matter?'

                    27. Always choose life.

                    28. Forgive everyone everything.

                    29. What other people  think of you is none of your
business.

                    30. Time heals almost  everything. Give time.

                    31. However good or bad a situation is, it  will
change..

                    32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else
does.

                    33. Believe in miracles.

                    34. God loves you because  of who God is, not because
of
                    anything you did or didn't do.

                    35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it
now.

                    36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.

                    37.  Your children get only one childhood.

                    38. All that truly matters  in the end is that you
loved.

                    39. Get outside every day. Miracles  are waiting
everywhere.

                    40. If we all threw our problems in a pile  and saw
everyone
                    else's, we'd grab ours back.

                    41. Envy is a  waste of time. You already have all
you need.

                    42. The best is yet to come.

                    43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show
 up.

                    44. Yield.

                    45. "Life isn't tied with a bow...but it's  still a
gift."

                    Remember, friends  are the family we choose for
ourselves