[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Larry Ollison - Thanksgiving

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 12:28:49 UTC 2009

Yes, Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on blessings, even if you missed out
on some in particular... I am reminded of this whenever I go to a doctor or
dentist and am being assisted by a reader to fill out the medical history.
There is always that page with the long list of ailments that I don't have.
Although I am blind and have other physical disabilities, I somehow lucked
out on all the rest of those common diseases.  I even am blessed with no
allergies.  But just as I take for granted that someone will assist me in
certain activities, I have to be considerate of the people who have
allergies, even if I am tempted to think they make some of them up... (I
love perfume; need I say more.)
Anyway, I think that sinking into a shroud of self pity over negatives you
are stuck with only blinds you to the needs of the people around you who may
have less visible problems but are in need nonetheless.
So that's my commentary for Thanksgiving. This has always been one of my
favorite holidays -- a time when loved ones gather and focus on blessings
rather than hurts, and thus feed both the body and soul. And there isn't the
frantic overspending that occurs around Christmas.
Happy Thanksgiving all!
--le