[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Good Morning Friday

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:35:05 UTC 2009

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <BeautyforAshes7 at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Good Morning Friday
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2009 12:27:21 -0700

Good Morning

The Christmas spirit touches most everyone and it
 seems to me that people are more friendly this time
of year. As we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ
 this coming month, lets show His love to everyone!

All things are possible until they are proved impossible-
and even the impossible may only be so as of now.
Pearl S. Buck

"One of the greatest surprises you'll experience is when
you discover that you can do what you were afraid you
couldn't do. Your obstacles will melt away, if instead
of cowering before them, you make up your mind
to walk boldly through them."
Max Steingart

"We worry about what a child will be tomorrow,
yet we forget that he is someone today."
Stacia Tauscher

A man is happy so long as he chooses
to be happy and nothing can stop him.
Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Setting Happiness As A Goal

Happiness is not a when or a where;
it can be a here and a now.

Until you are happy with who you are,
you will never be happy because of what you have.

I love what Dennis Prager said in a Reader's Digest article
as he differentiated between pleasure and happiness:
"Fun (pleasure) is what we experience during an act;
happiness is what we experience after an act.
It is a deeper, more abiding emotion."

Everyone wants to be happy, healthy, reasonably prosperous,
secure, and to have friends, peace of mind, good family
relationships and hope.
 Each of these goals has a direct bearing on happiness.

Example: When your health is good and your energy level is high,
by and large you are going to be a pretty happy camper.
Follow the same procedure as you examine the other things
all of us want, and you will reach the inescapable conclusion
that you can do something about all of them and
each one contributes to your happiness.

Question: Suppose things don't work out as neatly as you have
so carefully detailed. What happens to your happiness?

Answer: Success is not a destination: it is a journey.
The happiest people I know are those who are busily working
toward specific objectives. The most bored and miserable
people I know are those who are drifting along with
no worthwhile objectives in mind.

In today's pleasure-oriented society there is very little happiness
as evidenced by the excessive use of drugs and alcohol, as well
as the prevalence of suicide, particularly among our young
people. For example, alcohol, drugs, pornography, illicit sex
and gambling are all, for many people, pleasurable experiences.
Yet, over a period of time, they become addictive and destroy any
chance for happiness. Coleridge said, "Happiness can be built only
on virtue and must have truth for its foundation."

Happiness is a by-product of who you are and what you do.
And yes, you can set it as a specific goal.
By Zig Ziglar

"Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new
things. The saddest summary of a life contains three
descriptions: could have, might have, and should have."
Louis E. Boone

Have A Wonderful Weekend

I Love You All Dearly!

My Tina's memorial site