[Faith-talk] FW: IBGN~NEWSLETTER~ “GODLY PLANNING!”

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat Sep 19 18:45:57 UTC 2009

Original Message:
From: Momsooky <momsooky at yahoo.com>
To: momsooky at yahoo.com
Subject: IBGN~NEWSLETTER~ "GODLY PLANNING!"
Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2009 19:54:52 -0700 (PDT)

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 3, 2009

"GODLY PLANNING!"
Proverbs 16:1-3
"To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the LORD comes the reply
of the tongue.  All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are
weighed by the LORD.  Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans
will succeed."

Look over the three verses that I have cited above.  Note that the word
LORD appears in all three verses.  I do not feel that is a coincidence.  We
are not able to adequately plan our life if we do not have the Lord on the
throne of our life.  We can make all the plans we want, but they will be
futile plans without the Lord.

There are two ways to look at planning:  We can either plan to fail or
fail to plan.  The Lord must fit into our planning process, or we are
planning to fail.  On the other hand, if we do not prepare adequately for
the future, we are failing to plan and that can spell disaster.

The Lord is always to be the central focus of our planning process.  Each
and every day must begin and end with Him.  Sometime ago I received an
e-mail in the form of a card with little Tweety Bird on it with this
prayer:  "I want to thank you Lord, for being close to me so far this day.
With your help, I haven't been impatient, lost my temper, been grumpy,
judgmental or envious of anyone.  But I will be getting out of bed in a
minute, and I think I'll really need your help then! Amen."

Now that is what I am talking about.  It is in giving ourselves to the
Lord while we are still in bed each morning and then walking one step
behind Him throughout the day.  We will know we are getting into trouble if
we are more than one step behind Him, or if we get ahead of Him.

Notice the promise that comes with the second reference to the word
plans.  It says that when we commit whatever we do to the Lord, He will
cause our plans to succeed.  STOP!!!  That does not mean you are going to
get what you want with no strings attached.   It means that when we
sincerely commit our ways the Him, we will have a new plan for our life,
and it will be in accordance for what He desires for us.

This is another Proverb designed to bring glory to God and peace, joy,
love and contentment to us.  The longer I walk in the way, the more I
realize I can rest in Him without question.  Listen--I have a plan!  Why
don't we meet in eternity and share our experiences of victory in Jesus?
We have a date!!!
 Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and
be a blessing!

- - - Pastor Cecil        Check out our website at:
www.daily-e-votional.com
You may SUBSCRIBE  by visiting:
https://listserv.reachone.com/e-cast/mail.cgi/list/cecil If you are
subscribing, a confirmation E-Mail will automatically be sent to you before
you are added to ensure your privacy.
If you have trouble subscribing, please contact Pastor Cecil at:
PastorCecil at Daily-E-Votional.com