[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Larry Ollison - Warrior orWorrier

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 17:20:48 UTC 2010

I like this one.
--le

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Calhoun" <eric at pmpmail.com>
To: <faith-talk at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 11:48 AM
Subject: [Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Larry Ollison - Warrior
orWorrier

Original Message:
From: Donna Kiser <kiserdonna5 at gmail.com>
To: URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Larry Ollison - Warrior or Worrier
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2010 12:25:34 -0400

*
Warrior or Worrier
by Dr. Larry Ollison
Fear will paralyze you and keep you from the victory that God has planned
for you. Fear is a spirit and the spirit of fear is not from God.

Peace is a show of confidence. Peace is the outward manifestation of an
internal confidence and confidence is the manifestation of pure faith.
Mature faith running at full power will destroy all of the plans and
purposes of the enemy while delivering joy to the warrior of God. You can
actually be swinging the sword of truth in what looks like the battle of
your life with a smile on your face, peace in your heart, and victory on
your lips
. *

Because you know the Word and because the Word says, *"Greater is He that
is
in you than he that is in the world," *you do not fear. Because you know
God
is on your side and because you believe Him, you stand in faith knowing
that
no weapon formed against you can ever prosper. You are victorious and you
know it, and because you know it, you have peace.

Quit begging God to give you peace. He already has. (Romans 5:1) says
that
as believers *"having been justified by faith, we have peace with God
through our Lord Jesus Christ."* Jesus is the King of peace and in
Ephesians
we are told that He Himself is our peace. (Ephesians 2:14) Not only that,
but the Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit, God Himself lives inside of
you.
You are a three-part being. You are spirit, soul, and body. When you
became
a believer, the very Spirit of God, the Holy Spirit, moved inside of your
spirit. As a Christian, you are literally Spirit-possessed.

Your spirit is you, my spirit is me, and the Spirit of God is God.
Because
you are indwelt with the Spirit of God, you have the peace of God inside
of
you and regardless of what is on the outside, you have the fruit of the
Spirit on the inside. As a Christian, He who is in you (The Holy Spirit)
is
greater than what is outside of you.

The peace of God should be flowing out of you into the world instead of
the
stress and pressures of the world getting into you. You have at your
disposal the greatest power in the universe. Nothing can overpower the
love
of God and according to (1 John 4:7-8), God is love. Perfect love casts
out
fear.

Worry and stress are byproducts of fear. Rest and peace are byproducts of
faith. To eradicate the fear all we must do is walk in perfect love, be
led
by the Spirit, and then the peace of God will flow from us and minister
to a
world that is living in darkness.

Jesus said you are the light of the world. You have a responsibility to
let
the light shine from you into the darkness. Your testimony of peace will
encourage and minister to others and you will discover through walking in
the peace and rest of God that you will bring glory to God. *"Let your
light
so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your
Father in heaven."* (Matthew 5:16)

Walking in faith will make you a warrior. *Walking in fear* will make you
worrier. Warriors overcome the enemy and enjoy peace and rest even during
times of battle. Worriers live in a world of tension and stress,
continually
in fear at what might happen. What world are you living in?

May God bless you,
Donna