[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Today's beautiful word from Pastor Joel and Victoria

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Apr 15 18:04:26 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: "Maheen The Country Man" <thecountryman at bell.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Today's beautiful word from Pastor Joel and
Victoria
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:49:29 -0400

Don't Be Moved

TODAY'S SCRIPTURE
"But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to
myself,so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I
received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God"
(Proverbs 4:18, NIV)

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria
Sometimes it's easy to become so goal-oriented and so focused on our
dreams that we overlook the simple things that we should be enjoying in our
everyday life. But we have to remember that life is not really about the
destination, it's about how we live all along the way. It's about the path
we're on that shines brighter and brighter.

In this life, there is no such thing as a finish line. Once you
accomplish one dream, God will give you another. When you overcome one
challenge, there will be another. There is always another mountain to
climb. If we make the mistake of just living for the destination, we'll
look up one day and realize we've missed out on the biggest part of life
because most of life is routine. Most of us get up every morning, go to
work, come home, eat dinner, go to bed and do it again. There are very few
mountaintops where you graduate from school, or you get married, or have a
child, or go on vacation. The high times are few and far between. Don't get
stuck living for the mountaintops. Learn to enjoy the path you're on. Learn
to enjoy the people in your life. Learn to enjoy the simple blessings of
walking in the path the Lord has prepared for you.

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father God, thank You for the gift of life. Thank You for the good plan
You have for me today and for my future. Teach me to enjoy the journey of
life, to embrace each day with joy and enthusiasm. Help me to see the
blessings of every moment You have given me. In Jesus' Name. Amen.
   WITH A GIFT OF ANY AMOUNT
CPR
3-CD Audio Resource

 WITH A GIFT $125 OR MORE
ALL-IN-ONE and HOPE FOR TODAY BIBLE
Hardback Edition
Plus: CPR

 WITH A GIFT $250 OR MORE
ALL-IN-ONE and HOPE FOR TODAY BIBLE
Leatherback Edition
Plus: CPR

 You are subscribed to Today's Word with Joel and Victoria as
thecountryman at bell.net. To unsubscribe from this email list, click here to
be removed. To ensure delivery to your mailbox, please add
no-reply at joelosteen.com to your address book of approved senders.

© 2010 Joel Osteen Ministries | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

The Lord bless all who read this message. Your faithful friend and
country music lover, Maheen The Country Man Wickramasinghe.
Heavenly Father, Thank you ever so much from the bottom of my heart for
making me serve you. I adore you and my entire family more than anything in
the world. You are my Shepherd, my miracle, my inspiration, and my life.
Amen and Amen!