[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Re: "Excuse me, are you Jesus?"

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Aug 8 04:44:35 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: Juanita Rose <sunflower67216 at yahoo.com>
To: HeartsForHim at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Re: "Excuse me, are you Jesus?"
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2010 19:41:12 -0700 (PDT)

 'Excuse me, Are you Jesus?'

This is really powerful and makes one think!!!!

    A few years ago a group of salesmen went to a regional sales
convention in
Chicago. They had assured their wives that they would be home in plenty
of time
for Friday night's dinner. In their rush, with tickets and briefcases,
one of
these salesmen inadvertently kicked over a table which held a display of
apples. Apples flew everywhere. Without stopping or looking back, they all

managed to reach the plane in time for their nearly missed boarding...
ALL BUT
ONE !!! He paused, took a deep breath, and experienced a twinge of
compassion
for the girl whose apple stand had been overturned..
    He told his buddies to go on without him, waved good-bye, told one of
them
to call his wife when they arrived at their home destination and explain
his
taking a later flight. Then he returned to the terminal where the apples
were
all over the terminal floor.
    He was glad he did.

    The 16 year old girl was totally blind! She was softly crying, tears
running
down her cheeks in frustration, and at the same time helplessly groping
for her
spilled produce as the crowd swirled about her, no one stopping and no
one to
care for her plight.

    The salesman knelt on the floor with her, gathered up the apples, put
them
back on the table and helped organize her display. As he did this, he
noticed
that many of them had become battered and bruised; these he set aside in
another
basket.
    When he had finished, he pulled out his wallet and said to the girl,
'Here,
please take this $40 for the damage we did. Are you okay?' She nodded
through
her tears. He continued on with, 'I hope we didn't spoil your day too
badly.'

    As the salesman started to walk away, the bewildered blind girl
called out
to him, 'Mister.......' He paused and turned to look back into
those blind eyes.
She continued, 'Are you Jesus?'
    He stopped in mid-stride, and he wondered. Then slowly he made his
way to
catch the later flight with that question burning and bouncing about in
his
soul: 'Are you Jesus?'

Do people mistake you for Jesus?
That's our Destiny, is it not? To be so much like Jesus that people
cannot tell
the difference as we live and interact with a world that is blind to His
love,
life and grace.
    If we claim to know Him, we should live, walk and act as He would.
Knowing Him is more than simply quoting scripture and going to church.
It's
actually living the Word as life unfolds day to day.
    You are the apple of His eye even though we, too, have been bruised
by a
fall. He stopped what He was doing and picked you and me up on a hill
called
Calvary and paid in full for our damaged fruit.

 Please share this... Sometimes we just take things for granted, when we
really
need to be sharing what we know....Thanks.

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
TOO MANY CHRISTIANS ARE NO LONGER FISHERS OF MEN,
BUT KEEPERS OF THE AQUARIUM.

Thank God there are still true Christians willing to share His Word