[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] After God's Own Heart - Search Me, O God

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Aug 18 19:54:00 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <SongsofJoy at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] After God's Own Heart - Search Me, O God
Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:37:40 -0600

      David was a man after God's own heart and you know why?  He was
never afraid to ask God to search his heart and root out the sins that
stood between him and His Creator.  Oh, yeah, he was as bad as the rest of
us, he was an adulterer and a murderer, but he knew that he was a sinner
and his sin brought him to his knees.  Are you ready, like David, to let
the Lord look into your heart and clean out the mess?

      Search Me, O God
      (Psalm 139 - in it's entirety)

      Chorus:
      Search me, O God, and know my heart
      Test me and know my anxious thoughts
      Search me, O God, and know my heart
      See if there is any offensive way in me.
      And lead me in the way everlasting
      Lead me in the way everlasting

      Lord, You have searched me and You know me
      You know when I sit and when I rise
      You perceive my thoughts from afar
      You discern my going out and my lying down

      Chorus

      Oh, where can I go, Lord, from Your Spirit?
      Where can I flee from Your presence, Lord?
      If I go up to the heavens
      Oh, Lord, You are there, oh, You are there.

      You are familiar with all of my ways
      Before the word is on my tongue
      You know it completely the word, my Lord
      I am fearfully and wonderfully made

      Chorus

      Search me, O God
      Search me, O God

      Oh, Lord God, how we desire to be clean before You.  Look into our
hearts and show us what is not of You.  Give us Your direction and the
strength to clear it out.  We don't want to hold onto anything that does
not bring honor and praise to Your name.  Some things in themselves may not
even be sinful, but they may be taking up space that You would like to use
for something else.  Something that is better, something that will bring
more blessing.  Something that is from Your hand.  Lord, don't let us
settle for second best just because it's already there, root it out and
make way for the best, what You want to give us.  Make us holy, Father,
because You are holy and we want to be like our Dad.  Thank You for Your
word and the path it draws for us to follow.  Thank You, Holy Spirit for
Your teaching and guidance and thank You, Sweet Jesus for Your love that
led You to the cross so that we might be saved.  We love You, Lord, and we
praise You and bless You in the name of Jesus, our Lord, our Savior and our
God.  Amen.

                  "But what does it say? 'The word is near you, in your
mouth and in your heart' - that is, the word of faith whch we are
preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe
in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for
with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth
he confesses, resulting in salvation."
                  Romans 10:8-10

                  Please do not post my creations on websites or in
groups that also post AC/SAC material.
                    My work is meant to honor the Lord God and I would be
ashamed to see it displayed in such company.

                  Graphic from WWW
                  Font: Splendid
                  June - 2009

                  Image from shares, scans, or www
                  This is a private e-mail and is covered by
                  Title 18, Part I, Chapter 47, Sec. 1030
                  and Internet Privacy Law.