[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Self-Centered

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Aug 27 11:32:20 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
To: <tony1.familyoffaith at yahoo.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Self-Centered
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 2010 07:20:34 -0400

Untitled Document

                  Self-Centered

                  Friday, August 27, 2010

                  "Hezekiah said to Isaiah, 'The word of the LORD which
you have spoken is good.' For he thought, 'For there will be peace and
truth in my days.'"Isaiah 39:8 NASB
                  Facing death, King Hezekiah "wept bitterly" (38:3). God
heard his prayer and extended his life. But instead of being grateful or
humble, Hezekiah used this opportunity to indulge himself in personal
pleasure. We see this when he was visited by a representative of the king
of Babylon. Flattered, Hezekiah showed this man "all his treasure
house"-everything (39:2).
                        Angered, God warned that someday "all that is in
your house and all that your fathers have laid up in store to this day will
be carried to Babylon; nothing will be left" (39:6). Even some of his
offspring would be "taken away" (39:7). But this prophecy did not move
Hezekiah.
                        This story is described in nearly identical terms
in both Isaiah and 2 Kings, which goes on to describe "the rest of the acts
of Hezekiah" (2 Kings 20:20). In contrast, Isaiah's account ends with these
sad words, demonstrating Hezekiah's lack of concern for God's people, his
own family, and future generations: "For there will be peace and truth in
my days."
                        How would Hezekiah have acted if he was sold out
for God and committed to His Kingdom? If he truly cared about others?
                        How easily we can allow this kind of
self-centeredness to fill our lives! We can be unemotional when seeing
others suffer from natural disasters. We can be relieved to live in peace
while others suffer from war and violence. We can be unmoved by the hungry
and needy, happy to have enough clothes and food. We can be cold and
apathetic when we consider the millions who are dying without Jesus.
                        Today, ask God to fill you with compassion for
others. Be ready to reach out to the needy. Seek to impact a lost and dying
world with the Gospel. Remember that you have been blessed that you might
be a blessing.

                  Today's Inspirational Prayer

                  Father, give me greater compassion for the Lost and
needy. Fill me with Your love. Use me to reach more Souls for Your Kingdom.
In Jesus' name. Amen.
                  Further Reading: Isaiah 39:8 NASB

                     VIEW DEVOTIONALS ARCHIVE
                       FORWARD TO A FRIEND
                       SUBMIT A PRAYER REQUEST
                        Keep up with Inspiration

            Spread The Good News

                  Help us Spread the Good News of Jesus Christ!

            Thank You Gift

                  Prophecy Power Pack
                  Uncover the mystery of the End Times inside this
prophetic power pack including Grant Jeffrey's book Next World War, the
"Holy Land Teaching" audio CD series by David Cerullo, and Morris Cerullo's
amazing Prophecy Bible!

            What's on Today!

                  David Cerullo & Grant Jeffrey discuss the Iranian
nuclear threat and what it means to Israel. Will Israel launch a preemptive
attack? Find out more on this episode of "Inspiration Today!"

            Update Profile

            This email was sent by: Inspiration Ministries
            3000 WorldReach Drive Indian Land, SC, 29707, USA