[Faith-talk] Blindness and church

Fr. John Sheehan xaviersocietyfortheblind at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 5 13:27:36 UTC 2010

The decision is at the discretion of the parish priest - and some, for whatever reason, do not like altar girls, whether sighted or not. I don't agree, but there you are. But there is certainly no reason why a blind person - of any sex - could not serve at the altar.
 Fr. John R. Sheehan, SJ
Chairman

Xavier Society for the Blind
154 East 23rd St
New York, NY 10010
(212) 473-7800
Help us raise money for the Xavier Society for the Blind just by searching the Internet or shopping online with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo! Free for you - and money for us! Thank you.