[Faith-talk] Blindness and church

devona able djasister at windstream.net
Sat Feb 6 17:34:14 UTC 2010

Women do not belong in the pulpit.

Devona
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Penny Golden
  To: Faith-talk,for the discussion of faith and religion
  Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 5:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [Faith-talk] Blindness and church

  Oh, Beth, I just have to laugh.
  The Holy Scriptures are also patriarchal in some ways.
  So though we believe in women's rights, some of us believe that there
  is Biblical reason not to seek ordination as women.
  However, most folk do not hold to that anymore.  So we're in a
  distinct minority.
  It's a subject on which we feel the Scriptures speak without
  equivocation; but most do not think that we're right in our interpretation.
  We'll not agree on some things, here, that's certain.
  Have a blest weekend.