[Faith-talk] Update on My Dad from My Step-mom

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Fri Jul 16 23:14:18 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I received this from my step-mom this morning. When I talked to her
on Monday afternoon, she said that Dad had been confused, but that
seemed to be straightened out. The drug affected his brain
temporarily, and he's been confused for about three weeks. I'm
thinking more like four, since he rambled a lot when I went to see
him the Monday before Father's Day. Anyway, here's the latest; please
pray.--Linda

Hi All,

Wayne's doctor called last night.  He is trying all kinds of things
to get Wayne home.  He was suppose to do a bone marrow yesterday but
didn't  The nurses called this am to ask if I gave permission to do
it today and I said by all means.  Had to tell that to two nurses
which was okay.

I had questions like is his potassium levels checked, yes.  He is
taking the same meds as when he was home.  The doc said his blood
cell count is good, platelets are 94 and should be 100 and his immune
system is good.  So why is he so weak?

He doesn't want any phone calls and to be honest I don't call him
either as he sleeps alot and I don't want to wake him up. He calls me
and sometimes is him old self and the next time he is off the deep
end.  So it will be at least another 3 days in the hospital.

When I hear more I will let you know.

Me