[Faith-talk] Catholic question(s)

Peter Wolfe sunspot005 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 10:03:58 UTC 2010

--
Peter
Webmaster
http://www.darkstruggle.com
webmaster at darkstruggle.com
alternative e-mail
sunspot005 at gmail.com

To catholics or theologists:

    It's me Peter here still at the 82% marker of deciding to fully
convert to a catholic and periodically will have questions roaming in
my brain till RCIA in late August. Well, I have just read Matthew and
am probably about half way or so on Mark and ran into common themes in
them. In particular, portions that I could probably quote from the
United States Bishops site on their e-book about traditions and how
Jesus sort of frowned on them. The many traditions in the church and
all of that sort of shocks me but yet excites me. So, I want to make
sure the washing of hands isn't considered unhonoring thy parents or
what that qoute was about? The other thing is the portion of the Bible
mentioning the annointment ion the forehead in Matthew from that lady
with the fancy perfume. The same sort of deal with confirmation from
what other people have told me happens when you are confirmed. Is it a
sign of death or selling your soul or what? iI am snot posting any of
these questions to ruffle anyones feathers or anything just am really
illiterate on christian Bible teaching as most of my life I was a
pseudo baptist or nondeminational christian but in reality was akin to
being an atheist. Thanks be to God for any help you maybe able to give
to me about this matter.
note: I've also read from Genesis 15 too on the Old Testament!

sincerely,
Peter