[Faith-talk] Bible Commentaries

John J. Boyer john at godtouches.org
Mon Mar 22 06:33:58 UTC 2010

I have just finished reading Isaac Asimov's Guide to the Bible, which I
downloaded from Bookshare. His purpose iis to give the historical,
cultural and geographical background of each book of the Bible. He
respects the Biblical writers and is only giving information already
known to Biblical scholars. The copyright date is 1969, so it doesn't
include the latest scholarship. However, it is valuable for
understanding the context of the various biblical books. It is not for
the weak in faith.

I'm trying to get the New Jerome Biblical Commentary on Bookshare. The
publication date is 2000. It's a huge tome. They are trying to get a
digital copy from the publishers. I don't know how long that may take.
If it doesn't succeed It wil have to be scaned, and thens I will
proofread it.

Prayers and blessings,
John

--