[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Coffee Break - Do They Know?

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:44:42 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>, <CcHhEeSsTtEeRr at yahoogroups.com>,
<INTERCESSORS-ALLNATIONS at yahoogroups.com>, "Donna Mae"
<btlg1370 at gmail.com>, <walkwithchrist at tampabay.rr.com>,
<rhansen at reachone.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Coffee Break - Do They Know?
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:36:05 -0400

"Do They Know?"

(Isaiah 43:12) - "I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed,
when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses,
saith the LORD, that I am God."

I heard a story about this guy who was a Christian and had a job that he
worked at for years before anyone even knew he was a Christian.  What is
wrong with that picture?  How can you work in a place day after day, year
after year and no one have any idea that you are a Christian?  As we said a
few days ago, everything we do is reflective of our walk with Christ- it is
inseparable.

I am not suggesting that you get a bull horn and make a loud announcement
that you are a Christian.  What you are will be evident by the way you
conduct yourself, by your lack of compromising your belief in certain
situations, by your speech, by your integrity, by the way you treat others,
by your work ethics, by showing compassion, and so on.

Some people's defense is that they are "letting their lights shine, and
lights don't do anything but shine".  There is nothing wrong with that- we
are to let them shine, people should "see" Christ in us.  But that is only
half of our witness- they should also "hear" something from us.  We are
called "witnesses".  There are more scriptures that tell us to be vocal
with our faith than there are that tell us to demonstrate it only.  We have
to do both- we can't help but do both.

Do people around you, do your acquaintances, does your family, do those
people you rub shoulders with day in and day out know that you are a
Christian?  The reason we should let them know (be more vocal- not
obnoxious) is not about "us".  It's about lifting Christ up before them so
that they might come into a relationship with Him.

Have a great day.  Others should be able to tell that you are a Christian
if you are around them for any length of time, and if they can't... why?

For further reading:
Isaiah 43:10; 44:8; 52:7
Acts 1:8
Mark 16:15
Romans 10:13-15
Matthew 10:7,8
Romans 1:16

<><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><  <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:  mastersbusiness at bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:  www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website -
leaving the whole message in tact.
Please remember to give credit to
About the Master's Business Ministry.
Take time to visit our on-line Christian magazine and blogs.
http://livingstonesmagazine.homestead.com