[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Millie's Devotions - Obedience Without Hesitation

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat May 8 11:01:04 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <BeautyforAshes7 at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Millie's Devotions - Obedience Without
Hesitation
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2010 09:20:07 -0600

Honor your father & mother: that your days may be long upon the land
which the Lord your God gives to you. Exodus 20:12

This Sunday is a traditional day to celebrate our mothers.
In listening to many people over the years, I have heard
many complaints about people's moms.  I am sure I was
in on that from time to time.  But as I thought about it
this morning, I realized a very important concept.

God told us to honor our parents.  He didn't say if we
liked them we should honor them, or if they were perfect
we should honor them, or if they did all we want, we should
honor them.  He said honor them.  Be obedient!

This is one of our problems as we grow in Christ.  We find
areas of our life that need changing, but obedience comes hard.
God, I cannot honor them, do you know what they did?  My child
I didn't ask you what they did, I told you what I want from you,
I asked you to show honor to them, out of obedience to me!
I want you to be obedient to my word.

How many of you today can honestly state that you have surrendered
every area of your life to God?  Every hidden motive, every hidden
thought, every hidden anger, every moment of disobedience?
Until we can say that, we still have work to do.  We are in essence
walking in rebellion.  Absolute surrender is a must.

Is this a easy thing to do? NO, it is not.  It is hard for us to admit
we are wrong, or we need to change, especially when someone
tells us we do.  We tend to think who are you to tell me I need changing.

Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Ephesians 5:21

Yet here we are being asked to submit to one another.  The
very opposite of what we feel and have been taught.  Submit
to one another in reverence to Christ.

Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31 b

1.  We are to submit to Christ first.  Ask Him his
perfect will.  Ask him to show us what to change, and then
really seek to do it.

2.  We are to obey Christ, honor our parents, and honor one
another.

3.  Submit to one another in Christ out of reverence for him.
If a Godly person comes and talks to you from the heart
and tells you something you know is good instruction, do not rebel.
Listen out of reverence for Christ, and recognize all of us need
to change, and grow and learn.  None of us are perfect.
It isn't a put down, its leveling up!

4.  Remember as a Christian whatever we do or think
should bring honor to God.  That should be a daily hallmark
for us to think about in any action, deed or thought.

My dear friends, go to God in prayer today and seek His way,
and what he would have you do.  Fill your heart with his word,
and let him speak to you through his word, instructing you
and helping you to grow daily in Christ.  Don't be afraid
to let go of the past, of things that are wrong, and start
out on a new clean, unchartered  territory in Christ.  He will guide
you through it, and you will be free because of it.

Be free of the bondages and hidden things within you.
Out of reverence and obedience to Christ, seek internal healing,
and His will above all.

For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things
of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on
the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to
set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.
Romans 8:5-6

Receive his peace, walk in obedience. Not in your willful way.
He is waiting for you, and has plans for you.

Only one life, will soon be past
Only what is done for Christ will last.

All my previous devotions can be found here.
Please subscribe to it at the bottom of the page when
you visit it.  In case I am ever unable to send email again,
you will find the devotions there.

Click here: Millie's Inspirations
 http://millies-inspirations.blogspot.com/

When you reach the end of your rope
you will find the hem of His garment.

I have often felt that many things that bring us to our knees,
teach us while we are down there to learn to pray, and to
cry out to God.

These possibilities are open to everyone.
Don't tell God you are not good enough, do what He asks.
Don't tell God to send someone else, He asked you.
Don't tell God you don't have time to pray, He said seek me first.
Don't neglect the things of God.  He said we are to
pick up His cross daily and follow Him.
Don't tell God anything is bigger than His ability.
God is the Great I Am, I am whatever you need.

There is no pit so deep, God's love is not deeper still.

Not my will but thine oh Lord.

´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·°°´·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°`·.,¸¸,.·´°

Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God
X  EVEN WHEN YOU CAN'T SEE HIM...GOD IS THERE! O
(run your mouse across the x to zero and highlight it )

Disclaimer

This mailing is for Millies Devotions members only and is being sent to
those who have subscribed to  Millies Devotions
Millieshome1 is a registered member with the Aol community action team.
Millies Devotions is not responsible for forwards of any kind.

All disclaimers are on file with Millie(Millieshome1 at aol.com)
in the event of a TOS violation.
If you wish to stop receiving from this list, just click on the link
below.
  Millie unsubscribe me

ALLOW AT LEAST 72 HOURS FOR YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE LIST

if you have received this from someone else and are not yet a member and
would like to join, please click on the link below.  Thanks :)
add me to millie's devotions list
If you wish to join the list, please click on the above link
allow at least 72 hours for this to occur.

thanks for joining!