[Faith-talk] Update on My Dad

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Tue May 25 01:13:47 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Here's the latest concerning my dad, Wayne Mentink.  The gout is
gone. The spot on his lung is an old war wound, so nothing to worry
about there.  He has had an enlarged prostate for a couple years, and
had blood in his urine Friday morning. They at the VA wanted him to
have another biopsy done this year, but he is putting that on the
back burner  .He has acute Leukemia, medium in severity, and will be
going into the hospital in Oshkosh in the next couple days, depending
on when the drug he needs arrives. He will have five days of
treatment, and will remain in the hospital 2-3 weeks while they
monitor him. If he needs a little more, they'll give him a lower dose
while he's still there.  The drug is fairly new, and has gone through
a lot of studies; but it is not approved by the FDA yet. Dad's doctor
has used it, and he believes Dad to be a good candidate.

Since this could mean that he would be in the hospital on Father's
Day, I plan to postpone my visit to Wisconsin until the second week
in July, after I return from the National Federation of the Blind
convention in Dallas. If Dad has a problem, and I need to come before
June's end, I'll do so.  Please pray as God leads.

Blessings,

Linda