[Faith-talk] More on Optasia Ministry

Thomas j Vos optasiaministry at juno.com
Wed May 26 18:04:10 UTC 2010

Just a couple responses to previous emails.
We do not have the dramatized Bible.
Our Bibles are all in HTML or rtf format that allow easy access with
screen readers.
For Catholic Bibles we have
New American Bible
New Jerusalem Bible
New Community Bible
Yes, we do send our materials free.
We are operating under a provision of the U. S. Copyright Code, called
the Chaffee Amendment that allows a nonprofit organization, whose mission
it is to serve those with disabilities, to send out copyrighted material
to blind persons, without copyright holder permission.
Therefore, those who can affirm blindness are eligible to receive our
resources.
That is also why we do not allow open downloads from our website.  We
must restrict access to these resources.
As the Lord has so freely given, so we freely give.
And a number of persons have helped us with some donations as well.
Blessings,
Tom, Vos, Director
Optasia Ministry