[Faith-talk] Sunday morning services at the NFB convention

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Fri Oct 15 20:33:08 UTC 2010

Tom Anderson President,
National Association of the Blind IN Communities of Faith
September 30, 2010

  At the business meeting of the National Association of the Blind in
Communities of Faith, we discussed the possibility of having a Sunday
morning service as part of the activities of the National Association
of the blind in Communities of Faith at the convention of the NFB. I
spoke with Mrs. Maurer and Mrs. Jernigan regarding this matter. Our
organization has declared a blackout regarding services during Sunday
mornings since workers are needed for convention activities. A Sunday
morning service has the potential to draw people away from assisting
in convention activities.
The 2011 convention will operate on a different schedule then is
typical for our NFB conventions. In 2011, Sunday will be seminar day,
Monday will be registration day, Tuesday will be board meeting and
Division day.
Mrs. Jernigan indicated that we could possibly have a service on
Sunday afternoons on a normal convention schedule. There are other
activities that usually occur on Sunday afternoons, such as
Resolutions Committee meeting, other meetings, and the mock trial.
I am certainly thankful for having our devotions an hour prior to
each morning session of the convention. We certainly have awesome
services on these days.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions
regarding this matter.
 From tanderson at cocenter.org

Cordially,