[Faith-talk] something to think about

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 15:34:27 UTC 2011

I'd say that with God, nothing is impossible.  What to you seems like
an impossible change is nothing to the omnipotent, all-knowing,
infinitely merciful and just creator and lord of heaven and earth.  No
worry is to much for him, no problem too hard to bear for him.
  Now...from my experience, something really interesting happens when
you turn something huge over to god- lots of times, the problems don't
go away!  Sometimes they only seem to get worse- more immense, harder
to handle.  It's times like that I can't help thinking "is there
really a God here?"  But then something incredible happens.  I learn
to cope somehow.  God gives me the means to accept and deal with my
challenges.  It takes years sometimes- but God's there, behind it all,
helping you even when it seems like he's just piling more on to your
load.  Pain is more than punishment- it's a refiners fire, a crucible,
as it were, to purify us so we grow to better reflect God's image.  He
wants us, I think, to grow and learn as much as possible- that's why
we have to suffer so much pain and hardship.
  Now, an important point with all this.  The only way to fully
transcend suffering is through Christ.  I'll say that those of other
faiths who find that full measure of peace- the good Muslims and Jews
and Hindus and Buddhists of the world, rely on Christ as much as we do
though they call him by other names.  But that's kind of an aside.  I
think the only way to totally be happy, at peace, and cleansed from
your sins is the atonement of Christ.  There is no other way to make
your suffering mean anything.  So I'd say if we continually put our
trust in him, and give him more today than we gave yesterday and more
tomorrow than today, we'll find that our suffering matters and it's
not all for nothing.
  Just my two cents,
Kirt