[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Abide in Jesus by Gloria Copeland

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:16:34 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: Donna Kiser <kiserdonna5 at gmail.com>
To: URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com,
CloudnineJottings-Prayers-Poetry at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Abide in Jesus by Gloria Copeland
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:01:40 -0400

 Abide in JesusGloria Copeland

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered.

- John 15:6

If I were to ask you to make a list of a hundred things you need to do to
please the Lord today, you could do it, couldn't you? In fact, you
probably
have so many spiritual "do's" and "don'ts" cluttering up your mind that
you'd hardly know where to start.

But you can relax. I'm not going to suggest you make a list of them.
Instead, I'm going to help you simplify things by giving you only one:
Abide
in Jesus.

The one thing you're truly responsible for is your union with Him. If you
keep your union and fellowship with Him intact, everything else will be
taken care of.

"But Gloria, I'm facing some big problems right now. My life's turned
upside
down. I'm so rushed I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I don't
have
time to fellowship with the Lord today."

That's when you need to do it the most! You need to maintain your union
with
the Lord particularly when the storms of life come. I know that's often
not
easy to do. Whether the storm is a sickness in your body or financial
problems or family strife, the temptation will be to settle your attention
and your mind on that problem. You won't even want to think about anything
else.

That's what the devil planned on. That's the reason he sent that storm in
the first place. To distract you from fellowshiping with God. To draw your
attention away from your union with Him.

Don't fall into the devil's trap. Instead, keep your thoughts and
affections
trained on the Lord. As you do that, the force of faith will begin to
flow
out of you. And that flow will repel every form of darkness. It will
bring
you in triumph through every storm.

Fellowship with Jesus today.

*Scripture Reading:* Philippians 3:1-11

[image: 1fbub401us.gif]

--
*Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample on serpents and
scorpions, [and physical and mental strength and ability] over all the