[Faith-talk] Redemption

Melody Wartenbee mlwartenbee at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 00:30:50 UTC 2011

It is important to me that everyone on this Communities of Faith list
understand that I like to read and hear people's thoughts and beliefs about
religion/faith or spirituality, whatever term you prefer.   Everyone on this
list I've read has faith in a higher power.  It is also important to me that
people who subscribe to this list understand that as I read the Holy Bible
anyone who attends any church can be redeemed.

I will try to make the quotations brief.

Titus 2: 11-12 in the NIV says:  "For the grace of God that brings salvation
has appeared to all men.  It teaches us to say "no" to ungodliness and
worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in
this  present age,"

  In other words I shared this because God reveals his grace to all people
so if we chose not to spend eternity with Jesus we can or we can opt to
spend eternity with him.

I'm not perfect and that's why I need God.  Romans 3: 23 says that all have
sinned and come short of God's glory so even if we only sinned once, we'd
need God's forgiveness in order to spend eternity with him.    Romans 10:
9-10 and John 3: 16 are Scriptures I use to support my reading or
interpretation of the Scriptures concerning salvation or redemption through
Jesus, his death, and resurrection.

I appreciate everyone's honesty in sharing your beliefs about salvation or
redemption as it relates to Christianity.

Melody