[Faith-talk] "Morning Thoughts" and some songs

Amy Ragain belovedconsecrated2god at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 19:07:01 UTC 2011

this was very good. please read and hopefully you will agree and take something from it!
I have added at the end the links to 2 songs that I think fit todays message very well! :)

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Stephen Smith <stevesmith1943 at me.com>
> Date: August 1, 2011 7:36:10 AM CDT
> To: Morning Thoughts 1 <stevesmith1943 at me.com>
> Subject: Morning Thoughts for Monday, August 1, 2011
>
> Deuteronomy 31:1-13 (NASB)
> Moses’ Last Counsel
> [31:1] So Moses went and spoke these words to all Israel. [2] And he said to them, “I am a hundred and twenty years old today; I am no longer able to come and go, and the LORD has said to me, ‘You shall not cross this Jordan.’ [3] “It is the LORD your God who will cross ahead of you; He will destroy these nations before you, and you shall dispossess them. Joshua is the one who will cross ahead of you, just as the LORD has spoken. [4] “The LORD will do to them just as He did to Sihon and Og, the kings of the Amorites, and to their land, when He destroyed them. [5] “The LORD will deliver them up before you, and you shall do to them according to all the commandments which I have commanded you. [6] “Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.”
> [7]  Then Moses called to Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, “Be strong and courageous, for you shall go with this people into the land which the LORD has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall give it to them as an inheritance. [8] “The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
> [9]  So Moses wrote this law and gave it to the priests, the sons of Levi who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and to all the elders of Israel. [10] Then Moses commanded them, saying, “At the end of every seven years, at the time of the year of remission of debts, at the Feast of Booths, [11] when all Israel comes to appear before the LORD your God at the place which He will choose, you shall read this law in front of all Israel in their hearing. [12] “Assemble the people, the men and the women and children and the alien who is in your town, so that they may hear and learn and fear the LORD your God, and be careful to observe all the words of this law. [13] “Their children, who have not known, will hear and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as you live on the land which you are about to cross the Jordan to possess.”

> [...]

this 1st song is from a group called Blackhawk...I should prob tell you that they are not a christian music group so the thioligy put forth in the song may not neccessarially be accurit to scripture but it still fits well I think!

4:47Add toAdded to queue

this song is called "sometimes He Calms the Storm" by Scott Krippayne

4:06Add toAdded to queue