[Faith-talk] Casey Anthony

Rex Leslie Howard, Jr. rex at littlelaw.com
Tue Aug 9 13:51:29 UTC 2011

I feel the need to expand on what I have been saying. I have prayed to God
to help me better express myself and I believe that what I am about to say
comes from a word that God has placed in my heart.

I do not believe that salvation can be won, lost, won, lost, won...

I believe that salvation is either secured or it is not.

I believe that one can go to church, hear about the good news, see the work
of Christ in other people's lives, understand the scope of the sacrifice and
still not be saved. This is what I mean when I say that one can know the
grace, mercy and love of god and turn away from that knowledge.

How many people have left great relationships because of selfishness? How
many people have allowed themselves to be separated from loving parents
because of a root of bitterness that has taken hold of their lives because
of other circumstances?

They know that they were loved, that they were cared for, but, because of
underlying problems in their lives, they turned away from that love and
care.

One who puts Jesus above past hurts, past wrongs, past problems, and seeks
after Him with all their heart has secured salvation and I don't believe
that there is a desire for that salvation to be lost. Those people cannot be
plucked from God's hand. If we seek after God, we can not be taken away from
His saving grace. It is our will, our desire that will cause us to turn away
from God, it is not God's will that we turn away. It is not God's will to
turn us away.

This is why I do not believe in the "once saved, always saved" doctrine. I
think it is a mute point. Why would we need to say that we were once saved
so we will always be saved. If we are truly saved, we know that and there is
no need to say it. However, if we claim to be saved and live by the world's
standard and we are confronted about that life, then we might feel justified
in saying that we were once saved and so our sinful conduct is no concern to
us because we were saved before.