[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Your best days are still ahead - Jentezen Franklin

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Aug 19 16:41:02 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY - Family of Faith" <familyoffaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Your best days are still ahead - Jentezen
Franklin
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:47:13 -0400

Your best days are still ahead
"Do not call me Naomi; call me Mara."   (Ru 1:20 NKJV)

----

Learn to build your life around your person, not your role, otherwise
when your role changes you'll lose your sense of worth. Being a good mother
is a noble calling. It's also a self-sacrificing job. But when your
children leave home and those demands are over, it's easy to feel like
Naomi. Her name meant "my joy." But after her two sons died she changed her
name to Mara, which means "bitterness."

Don't allow changing times to change who you are, or to make you stop
dreaming and give up hope. God still had a lot for Naomi to do. In the
future she would mentor Ruth, who would give birth to a son who was
destined to grow up and become part of the lineage of King David and our
blessed Lord. What an honor! When your role changes, remember that your
life's not over. See your own worth as a person, discover your next
assignment, gather up your assets and keep on living and giving.

Don't develop a "Mara mentality." She allowed herself to become cynical
when her circumstances changed; don't let that happen to you!
Discouragement often comes when we feel like we've seen it all, heard it
all, done it all, and most of it was bad. No matter how old you are, you
can never say you've seen it all. God can do "exceeding abundantly above
all that [you] ask or think." (Eph 3:20). You don't know what God will do
with your life before it's over, but He has a way of saving the best for
the last.