[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] The keys of the kingdom by Larry Ollison

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Aug 23 21:05:15 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: Donna Kiser <kiserdonna5 at gmail.com>
To: URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] The keys of the kingdom by Larry Ollison
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:00:37 -0400

To subscribe or unsubscribe click
here<http://www.larryollison.com/subscribe.htm>

*The Keys of the Kingdom*

*by Dr. Larry Ollison*

There are laws that you live by. There are laws that say you can only go
55
mph on certain roads. These laws are good and can save your life if you
obey
them. However, if you are driving 80 mph in a 55 mph zone, a patrolman
will
expose your sin and you will have to pay a fine! No fine is required for
those obeying the law.

There are natural laws and there are spiritual laws that God has put into
motion. One of the natural laws is the law of gravity. When I drop a book,
it falls to the floor. Why? Because of gravity. Gravity is a good thing.
If
you were on Apollo 13 and circling around the moon, the last thing in the
world you want to happen is for gravity to quit working. If gravity quit
working, you would no longer be circling around the moon. You would be
shooting off into outer space.

Gravity is the thing that keeps me on the floor and enables me to walk.
Without gravity I would float around like a helium balloon. I would not be
able to get traction. Gravity is a good thing. It's a law of God. God
instituted all the natural laws and He instituted all the spiritual laws.
These laws can work for you or these laws can work against you.

For a guy working on a construction crew on the 42nd floor who loses his
footing and falls, gravity is not a good thing. However, when that man
hits
the ground and dies, his wife cannot say, "I am so mad at gravity.
Gravity
killed my husband." No, gravity didn't do it. Gravity is a law and it
works
the same for sinners as it works for people who are saved. Laws can work
for
you or they can work against you.

In the spirit realm, there are laws also. These laws can work for you or
these laws can work against you. In Hosea 4:6 the Word of God says, *"My
people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." *

God's people, not the heathen people, are destroyed for lack of
knowledge.
But for lack of knowledge of what? For lack of knowledge of knowing the
spiritual laws and how to move within those laws correctly.

Jesus said in John 8:31-32, *"If you abide in My word, you are My
disciples
indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."
*The
truth that you will know is the truth about how God's kingdom operates -
how
God's laws operate. In the spirit realm these laws can work for you or
they
can work against you. If you operate properly in the spirit realm, they
will
work for you. If you operate improperly in the spirit realm, they will
work
against you.

In Matthew 16:18-19, Jesus was talking with Peter. Peter was Jesus' close
friend. Here's what Jesus said to him. *"And I also say to you that you
are
Peter . . ."* In the Greek language the word *Peter* is *petros*, which
means a small rock, a pebble. Jesus said, "I say to you, you are a small
rock." Then I can picture Jesus pointing toward Himself and saying, *"On
this Rock...."* The word He used there was *petra*, which means a large
boulder; a solid unshakable foundation type rock. *". . .and on this Rock
will build My church, and the gates of Hades . . ." *(that means the
power
of death)* ". . . shall not prevail against it." *

Here Jesus gives Peter one of the spiritual laws. Actually this is the
key
ring that all spiritual laws are hung on. *"And I will give you the keys
of
the kingdom of heaven . . ." *Many times in the New Testament when Jesus
was
talking about heaven, He did not necessarily mean heaven as a place. He
was
referring to the spirit realm. So what He said to Peter was, "I am going
give you the keys to the spirit realm."* ". . . and whatever you bind . .
."
* (which can be translated forbid) *". . . on earth . . ." *(the physical
realm) *". . . will be bound . . ." *(or forbidden) *". . . in heaven. .
."
*(the spiritual realm) *". . . and whatever you loose . . ."* (whatever
you
permit because you have the keys) *". . . on earth . . ." *(in the
physical
realm) *". . . will be loosed . . ." *(or permitted) *". . . in heaven .
.
." *(the spiritual realm).

In other words, "I am going to give you the keys to the spirit realm, and
whatever you forbid in the physical realm will be forbidden in the
spiritual
realm, and whatever you permit (because you have the keys) in the
physical
realm will be permitted in the spiritual realm."

Sometimes we try to complicate this, but the Word of God is so simple.
People have been confused on this for years because of the lack of good
teaching and the abundance of bad teaching. Here's what Jesus said to
Peter.
"Peter, I am going to build this church upon Me, the Rock. And because I
am
leaving, I'm going to leave you with the keys of the Kingdom. Whatever
you
lock in the physical realm will be locked in the spiritual realm.
Whatever
you unlock in the physical realm will be unlocked in the spiritual
realm."

When you give somebody the keys to your car, you are giving them
temporary
authority over your car. Let's say, for example, that I gave my son the
keys
to my car. While he has the keys, I am giving him authority to lock that
car, to unlock that car, to start that car, to stop that car. With the
keys
my son has a choice. He can either get in it and drive it and use the
power,
or he can lock it up and let it sit. He has a choice because he has the
keys.

Jesus said, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of the spirit realm.
Whatever you bind, whatever you forbid, whatever you lock up in the
physical, it will be locked up, it will be forbidden in the spiritual."
You
may say, "What does that mean?"

Here is what it means. It means you can lock up the enemy or you can lock
up
yourself. The choice is yours. If you want to unlock something in the
spirit
realm, you have to have access to the spirit realm. How do you get access
into the spirit realm? We are told over and over again in the Word of God
that there is one way that we access the spirit realm and that is with our
words. The scriptures tell us that life and death are in the power of the
tongue. The words of your mouth, spoken from the heart with corresponding
actions, are the keys you use. That's faith!

[image: signature_2.gif]
  ------------------------------
All rights reserved. Used by permission.
This article may be reproduced for teaching purposes but not for
commercial
resale
When writing about this devotional, refer to devotional #0125

Larry Ollison Ministries <http://www.larryollison.com/> PO Box 880, Osage
Beach, MO 65065 USA

--
*Do not let yourself be overcome by evil, but overcome (master) evil with
good. Romans 12:21*