[Faith-talk] FW: [B.A.C.M] Harvest August 28, 2011

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Aug 28 18:25:35 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Steph" <smathews at hctc.net>
To: undisclosed-recipients
Subject: [B.A.C.M] Harvest August 28, 2011
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2011 08:19:31 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Harvest Ministries

August 28, 2011

God Works The Night Shift

By Greg Laurie

It is 3:00 A.M., the house is quiet, your family members are asleep, it
is
warm, it is dark, and you should be asleep too . . . But your mind is
racing
 your heart is pounding, and worries overwhelm you. You might be thinking
about the pressing needs of a tomorrow that will find you unprepared, or
it
may be an area of concern?financial, relational, or employment. You may
even
continually find yourself in a place where you are out of hope and out of
peace. A place that points to a spiritual separation from God that leaves
you vulnerable and open to attacks of anxiety from the enemy. There is
something about this part of the night that seems to magnify all of these
problems, and I am not sure exactly why that is. Maybe that is why the
psalmist said "He guards us from the flaming arrows at night."

I am convinced that we need God's help, not only when we are alert and
awake
 but even when we are sleeping. As you get ready to go to sleep, I think
that it is a great thing to end the day in prayer. It has been said that
God
works the nightshift, and it is so true.

The best place to start is back at the beginning of each new day. Start
your
day in prayer, committing your decisions, your challenges, and whatever
you
are going to face that day to the Lord. Then, as I suggested, end your
day
with prayer as well. In each instance, our prayer should be, "Lord, here
it
is. I commit it to You." It reminds me of a quote from Martin Luther,
"Pray
and let God worry." I like that. Not that God worries, but the idea is
that
you should pray about it, rather than worry about it.

Let me ask you right now, is there something troubling you? Is there
something eating away at you? Bothering you? Irritating you? Causing you
be afraid? Pray about it, right now. Just say, "Lord, I can't handle it."
Philippians says, "Don't worry about anything, but pray about everything.
The peace of God that passes all human understanding will keep your heart
and mind in Christ Jesus."

So don't worry. Pray. You will sleep, and live, much better.

Midi: "Pastoral"

Devotion written by

Greg Laurie...© 2011

By Harvest Ministries.