[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Lowell Lundstrom - (SHARING IS NOT SHOVING!)

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat Dec 10 20:25:10 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Lowell Lundstrom - (SHARING IS NOT SHOVING!)
Date:
Sat, 10 Dec 2011 08:49:59 -0500

      December 10 - SHARING IS NOT SHOVING!

      Your relationship with God is not a personal thing you can keep to
yourself. You have an obligation to share Jesus Christ with the people you
meet today, either directly or indirectly. If you don't, you will not only
fail the Lord, but you will fail your community.
      For instance, here is the Smith family. They are not Christians.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith are constantly quarreling; their teenagers are
rebellious and their lives are falling apart. The Jones family lives
nearby. They are Christians, but they are afraid to share their faith in
Christ.
      Finally, the Smiths are divorced. Mr. Smith starts drinking heavily
while Mrs. Smith struggles to keep their teenagers out of trouble. Soon
their son is arrested for drug abuse and their daughter is pregnant with an
illegitimate child.
      This sad story is repeated again and again in almost every
community. Commitment to Christ could have saved the Smiths from ruin.
Finally, the state ends up paying out thousands of dollars in court fees
and financial aid trying to rehabilitate the Smiths. You, the taxpayer, are
billed for it in the form of higher taxes. This tragic series of events
takes place because the Joneses failed to share their faith in Christ and
reach out to care for them. You see, Christianity is not a "personal" thing
you can keep to yourself. It is the only way you and I can save America
from ruin.
      You might ask, "Is it right to impose my beliefs on another?"
Sharing and shoving are two different things! Remember, Jesus has commanded
you to be His witness--"Go ye into all the world." This divine commission
compels you to lovingly share your faith. If you are willing, God will give
you many opportunities, starting today, to share Christ. This is the only
way you and I will ever save our country from destruction.

      "And He said to them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the
gospel to every creature"  (Mark 16:15).
        a.. Also read: Acts 1:8-11; 1 Tim. 2:1-6; Tit. 2:11-15

Remember:  WE ARE COMPELLED TO SHARE OUR FAITH!
Devotions for yesterday    You could be a successful failure!
Devotions for day before yesterday    Be saved--from the high cost of low
living!
      Scripture links by Blue Letter Bible
      (c) Lowell Lundstrom 1983-2011