[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] A Little Child

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Dec 14 17:23:29 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: Judith Kasten <kastenjudith3 at gmail.com>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] A Little Child
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:12:45 -0500

Standing around and looking for him, a Mother cries.  She cannot find her
baby, her little boy.  She searches throughout the mall.  She checks by
Santa to see if he wandered there.  He is nowhere to be found.  She sees a
security officer and asks him to help.  Announcement over the P/A system
is
for little Johnny to return to the food area.  She waits and he comes
not.
Finally, after 4 hours of frantic searching, the security officer brings
Johnny to his Mom.  She hugs him and asks where he had been.  The officer
takes her to where Johnny was found.  To the manger scene in front of the
Christian Book Store, is where she is led.  Johnny tells her,"I came to
see
Jesus!  There was no line, so I talked to Him and asked Him to give us a
happy Christmas.  I told Him we were celebrating His birthday and knew
that
Santa was fake and Jesus was real.  I asked Him to bring my Daddy home
for
Christmas too."  A tear ran down his Mom's face.  Johnny's Dad was off
fighting the war and was not scheduled to be home until next year
sometime.  Mom grabbed Johnny's hand and thanked the security people for
their help.  They headed home.  They pulled in their driveway and saw a
car
there.  Johnny bounced out of the car and ran in the house.  Standing
there
in the living room, decorating a Christmas tree, and praying for his
family, was Johnny's Daddy!  Johnny told his dad about talking to Jesus
and
asking Him to bring Daddy home.  Dad said he asked Jesus the same thing.

I want my Daddy home, please
I want him here with me.
I want him here to hug my Mom
I'm getting on my knees.

Oh Jesus, Happy Birthday!
For peace and happiness I pray.
Please hold my Mom in Your arms
And give her love today.

Lord, I ask nothing for myself, but Dad
That would be the best gift I could have
The love he gives me and the hope he brings
Is the best I could ever give.

Lord, thank You for coming to save me
Thank You for the Christmas tree
For peace that shows on every face
As we worship only Thee!

--
*The Advent of our King our prayers must now employ.