[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] What Happened to Christmas

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat Dec 17 02:10:14 UTC 2011

Answer: bring it back!

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <serenity77 at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] What Happened to Christmas
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2011 18:00:38 -0700

              What Happened to Christmas?

              What happened to the Christmas that I loved so much?

              We celebrated the birth of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

              It was to Him that we gave the presents on that wonderful
day,

              Just rejoicing in Him and loving our family and friends.

              This was what I was taught and wonder where it got lost.

              When I was growing up, I was taught that it was Jesus
Birthday.

              Now, it seems to be everyone's birthday.

              We are given a list of the things that 'I want',
              No more just going and getting what they might like ~
              To give to the ones you love because it is Jesus Birthday.

              The children start early with all the things they desire,
              Never a thought of what it is all about.

              How can we turn back to the good old days?

              When parents had no money and our focus was on Christ,
              Family get-togethers were something we looked forward to.

              Now, it is, 'When can we get to your house or maybe stop
by?"

              The love of our Lord Jesus is not reflected in us.

              The shopping and hustling about is a must!

              What happened to Christmas?  I just don't know.

              It isn't a happy time like years, long ago, when
              Being together with the ones you hold dear
              Was enough to do us until the next year!

                    December 2011
                    Font SweetheartScript

                    I do not claim any of the Art Work
                    Only the creation Of the letter